Sunday, March 04, 2007

Research Trip to Portland

Wow! I just spent about five days in Portland on a wonderful genealogical research trip. I've got a lot of new stuff that I'll be posting soon: pictures, stories, documents, etc. It was a pretty heady trip -- I visited every place I wanted to see, met so many wonderful people, came home with 3 CDs plus over 150 scanned or photographed images, and heard many, many stories.

The best part: Cousins! First cousins, second cousins, once-removed, twice-removed, and many more connections I haven't sat down to figure out. All wonderful people, all a lot of fun to be with, and all willing to share photos and stories. I can't even begin to describe or thank all these lovely people. It was an absolute pleasure to meet or reconnect with all of them and my new New Year's resolution is not to lose touch with any of them! I'll be talking about them in future blogs as I post their pictures and stories.

I'd also like to shout out to Ed and Pam Bjore -- thanks for putting me up (and putting up with me!) for five days, driving me around, and sharing all your research and stories! There are no better hosts or great research buddies.

No comments: